Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Merry 'M' Family in Montrose Park | Washington, DC Family Photographer

I met up with the 'M' Family at Montrose Park in Georgetown on one of those beautiful October afternoons that reminds me why I love autumn in DC so much -- cool, but comfortable enough to appreciate the colors without a coat. You never would have guessed that we had had some freaky snowy weather just the day before! And I'm so glad that they introduced me to Montrose Park, as it is lovely piece of countryside tucked away in the middle of the city, with several large open fields, a little garden, park benches, and even a playground.

I knew little Miss 'P' when she was a baby, but hadn't seen her in several years. She has become such a lovely little girl, full of energy and smiles, and she just adores her parents. So wonderful to reconnect with her mom, too. We hadn't seen each other in a long time, but everything felt so familiar and comfortable, as if time never passed. Love how my work has enabled me to catch up with good friends!

The park was perfect for Miss 'P' to run around, and she took full advantage of the wide open spaces, and was as happy as can be. I just love photographing kids when they are so relaxed and free to enjoy their surroundings and be themselves. Their true personalities come shining through. So much more interesting than cheesy grins!

Here is a sneak peak from their session:






No comments:

Post a Comment