Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Making new friends from the neighborhood | Alexandria, VA Child and Family Photographer

I live in a fabulous little neighborhood in Alexandria, full of families with small children. I recently had the pleasure of meeting and photographing the 'M' Family, who live only a few blocks away. I was kinda surprised that we hadn't met before, considering that we have mutual friends and likely frequent the same playgrounds with our kids.

On a beautiful November afternoon, we met at the Carlyle House Gardens in Old Town, which was a perfect location for their active and excitable older boy. He was thrilled to have benches and a gazebo to climb on, paths to run around, bushes to hide in, and leaves to play with. And all in a very contained space, so we never had to worry, but he definitely kept me on my toes! Meanwhile, his baby brother was super cute with his fuzzy baby hair and big smiles. And the parents were wonderfully fun and easy-going, allowing their boys to be themselves, which is exactly how I like to capture them. They were all such a pleasure to work with.

Thanks again to the 'M' Family for another fun-filled session. I sure hope to see you again in the neighborhood!

Here is a sneak peak from our session:

No comments:

Post a Comment