Monday, October 17, 2011

Free to be you, me, and a tree | Alexandria, VA Child and Family Photographer

I love my sessions with the "B" Family, not only because they are loyal repeat clients, but because their sessions are the perfect example of what works well.

First of all, the parents have realistic expectations that their daughters will never sit still for the camera. And that is absolutely fine with me, as I want the girls to feel free to be themselves, to interact with their surroundings and with me without parental restrictions. If they want to play with leaves, climb trees, play chase, or scream silly, I am more than happy to capture the spontaneity. Besides, those are the types of images that I love the most because they fully reflect who the kids are.

Second, the girls are overflowing with personality, energy, and spunk, and are absolutely beautiful. They challenge me to keep up with them. Their laughter is contagious. I couldn't ask for more active, interesting, or inspiring subjects.

Third, they fully engage with me as a playmate and we all have a blast together. After the session was over, the little one actually expected me to get into their car with them so that we could continue to play together. So sweet!

Another happy family, another successful session. 
Thank you "B" Family, for reminding me of how much I love my job.

The dad was such a sport, letting her transform him into a tree -- too funny!




No comments:

Post a Comment