Monday, June 27, 2011

Scoping out Green Spring Gardens | Alexandria, VA Child Photographer

While my son was at his first day of summer camp, I went to check out Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria, VA.  I had heard that it was a great spot for photos, so I had to see it for myself, and of course take along my favorite little model. The weather was quite pleasant with some cloud cover, which would have been perfect if I was doing a real shoot, but I had been hoping for some glaring sun so that I could assess how much shade would be available on a hot and steamy summer day. The grounds were vast and there were several areas of tall trees, so I am confident that I could find some good spots to use on a sunny day.

We had a great time exploring - around every corner were lovely flowers to smell and cute benches to climb onto. Some of the bigger flowering plants were perfect for hiding and playing peek-a-boo. And there was lots of open green space to run around on and pretty stone and brick paths to skip down. There were a bunch of other areas that I wanted to check out, like the historic house, gazebos, children's garden, and ponds, but we were running out of time and energy. So we'll just have to go back sometime soon. But most definitely, the highlight of our morning was seeing a deer as we were leaving the gardens!


No comments:

Post a Comment