Monday, June 13, 2011

Frolicking at great-grandmother's cottage | Alexandria, VA Child Photographer

I was excited to do a spring session with the "J" kids after having had a great time with the whole family during last year's holiday photo shoot.  The kids are loads of fun to work with, as they are wonderfully interactive and silly with each other and with me and my camera. This time, their mom wanted a session devoted to just the kids, to capture this special time in their lives, before the addition of a new sibling in the fall.

I met up with them at their great-grandmother's cottage, nestled in a charming old neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting, as it has so many great texturey things that are fun to include in photographs - tons of greenery, flowers, old bricks, cast-iron chairs, and even decorative gnomes, frogs, and other little creatures. But best of all, the kids are super comfortable there, as it is essentially their extended backyard where they spend many summer days running around and swimming in the pool.  
 
As soon as they arrived, the kids were in a fabulously playful mood, and I knew that I was in for a treat. They certainly didn't need much urging from me before they started singing and dancing together and being their typically silly selves.  They made the session so easy and enjoyable for me that I was reminded of how much I love my job.  

These two truly have a special relationship. The new baby will be so fortunate to have such wonderful older siblings.














No comments:

Post a Comment